If you no longer need a ride, feel free to cancel it. To cancel a ride, tap ‘Edit ride’ in the bottom left corner of the app. This will take you to a menu where you can then tap ‘Cancel ride. To compensate your driver for their time and gas, we may apply a cancellation or no-show fee to the ride.
- Health Safety cancellations
- Cancel fees
- No-show fees
- Repeat cancellations
- How to review a fee
Health safety cancellations
In our continued effort to help protect our riders and drivers, MyRIDI now requires all riders and drivers to agree to our Health Safety Commitment in order to continue using the platform. You can learn more about the health safety commitment here.Part of that commitment is that everyone in the ride must wear a face covering and that no one can sit in the front seat of the vehicle.If your driver arrives at your pickup location and they don’t have a face covering, you can cancel the ride.Similarly, if you are not wearing a face covering, or your party is large enough that someone must sit in the front seat, the driver may cancel the ride.
You may be charged a fee if one of the following occurs:
- The cancellation window has passed after a driver accepts your ride request
- Your driver is on time to arrive within 5 minutes of the original estimated arrival time
For Shared rides, we may charge a cancellation fee after a driver accepts the request. Learn more about Shared rides here.
No-show fees may be charged under these circumstances:
- Your driver arrived to pick you up
- Your driver waited the allotted time or more
- Your driver attempts to contact you, or you contact your driver
For Shared rides, we may charge you a no-show fee if you aren’t at the pickup location within 1 minute of your driver’s arrival. Learn more about Shared rides here.
You’ll be charged a $2 fee if you cancel 3 or more rides of any type in a 15-minute timeframe, even if it’s within the cancellation window.
How to review a fee
If you think you were wrongly charged a cancellation fee, we’d be happy to help. Simply use the app’s ‘Ride History’ tab.
- Open the app and tap the menu icon in the top left corner
- Tap ‘Ride history’
- Select the ride with the fee
- Scroll down, then tap ‘Get help’
- If needed, we’ll ask for a brief description of what happened and review the ride
- Cancellation policy for drivers
- Temporary authorizations