Terms And agreement
MyRIDI Technologies Inc
Last Updated: February 1, 2021
These terms of service constitute a legally binding agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and MYRIDI, LLC. (“MYRIDI,” “we,” “us” or “our”) governing your use of the MYRIDI application, website, and technology Podium (collectively, the “MYRIDI Podium”).
Please be advised: This Agreement contains provisions that govern how claims you and MYRIDI have against each other can be brought. These provisions will, with limited exception, require you to submit claims you have against MYRIDI to binding and final arbitration on an individual basis, not as a plaintiff or class member in any class, group or representative action or proceeding. As a Driver or Driver applicant, you have an opportunity to opt out of arbitration with respect to certain claims as provided in BELOW.
By entering into to this Agreement, and/or by using or accessing the MYRIDI Podium you expressly acknowledge that you understand this Agreement (including the dispute resolution and arbitration provisions in below and accept all of its terms. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you may not use or access the MYRIDI Podium. If you use the services of MYRIDI or its affiliates in another country, by using the MYRIDI Podium in that country you agree to be subject to MYRIDI’s terms of service for that country.
The MyRIDI Podium
The MYRIDI Podium provides a marketplace where persons who seek transportation to certain destinations (“Riders”) can be matched with persons driving to or through those destinations (“Drivers”). Drivers and Riders are collectively referred to herein as “Users,” and each User shall create a User account that enables access to the MYRIDI Podium. Each person may only create one User account, and MYRIDI reserves the right to shut down any additional accounts. As a User, you authorize MYRIDI to match you with a Driver or Rider based on factors such as your location, the estimated time to pick up, your destination, user preferences, and Podium efficiency, and to cancel an existing match and rematch based on the same considerations. For purposes of this Agreement, the driving services provided by Drivers to Riders that are matched through the Podium shall be referred to collectively as the “Services”. Any decision by a User to offer or accept Services is a decision made in such User’s sole discretion. Each transportation Service provided by a Driver to a Rider shall constitute a separate agreement between such persons.
Modification to the Agreement
In the event MYRIDI modifies the terms and conditions of this Agreement, such modifications shall be binding on you only upon your acceptance of the modified Agreement. MYRIDI reserves the right to modify any information referenced in the hyperlinks from this Agreement from time to time, and such modifications shall become effective upon posting. Continued use of the MYRIDI Podium or Services after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. Unless material changes are made to the arbitration provisions herein, you agree that modification of this Agreement does not create a renewed opportunity to opt out of arbitration (if applicable).
The MYRIDI Podium may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. The MYRIDI Podium is not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or Users who have had their User account temporarily or permanently deactivated. By becoming a User, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You may not allow other persons to use your User account, and you agree that you are the sole authorized user of your account.
As a Rider, you understand that request or use of the Services may result in charges to you (“Charges”). Charges include Fares and other applicable fees, tolls, surcharges, and taxes as set forth on your market’s MYRIDI Cities page (www.MYRIDI.com/cities), plus any tips to the Driver that you elect to pay. MYRIDI has the authority and reserves the right to determine and modify pricing by posting applicable pricing terms to your market’s MYRIDI Cities page or quoting you a price for a specific ride at the time you make a request. Pricing may vary based on the type of service you request (e.g., MYRIDI Plus, MYRIDI SUV) as described on your market’s MYRIDI Cities page. You are responsible for reviewing the applicable MYRIDI Cities page or price quote within the MYRIDI app and shall be responsible for all Charges incurred under your User account regardless of your awareness of such Charges or the amounts thereof.
Fares. There are two types of fares, variable and quoted.
- Variable Fares. Variable fares consist of a base charge and incremental charges based on the duration and distance of your ride. For particularly short rides, minimum fares may apply. Please note that we use GPS data from your Driver’s phone to calculate the distance traveled on your ride. We cannot guarantee the availability or accuracy of GPS data. If we lose signal, we will calculate time and distance using available data from your ride.
- Quoted Fares. In some cases, MYRIDI may quote you a Fare at the time of your request. The quote is subject to change until the ride request is confirmed. If during your ride you change your destination, make multiple stops, or attempt to abuse the MYRIDI Podium, we may cancel the fare quote and charge you a variable fare based on the time and distance of your ride. MYRIDI does not guarantee that the quoted fare price will be equal to a variable fare for the same ride.
Fees and Other Charges.
- Service Fee. You may be charged a “Service Fee” for each ride as set forth on the applicable MYRIDI Cities page.
- Prime Time. At times of high demand for Services (“Prime Time”) you acknowledge that Charges may increase substantially. For all rides with a variable fare, we will use reasonable efforts to inform you of any Prime-Time multipliers in effect at the time of your request. For quoted fares we may factor in the Prime-Time multiplier into the quoted price of the ride.
- Cancellation Fee. After requesting a ride, you may cancel it through the app, but note that in certain cases a cancellation fee may apply. You may also be charged if you fail to show up after requesting a ride. Please check out our Help Center to learn more about MYRIDI’s cancellation policy, including applicable fees.
- Damage Fee. If a Driver reports that you have materially damaged the Driver’s vehicle, you agree to pay a “Damage Fee” of up to $250 depending on the extent of the damage (as determined by MYRIDI in its sole discretion), towards vehicle repair or cleaning. MYRIDI reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify or otherwise require documentation of damages prior to processing the Damage Fee.
- Tolls. In some cases, tolls (or return tolls) may apply to your ride. Please see our Help Center and your market’s MYRIDI Cities page for more information about toll charges and a list of applicable tolls and return charges. We do not guarantee that the amount charged by MYRIDI will match the toll charged to the Driver, if any.
- Other Charges. Other fee and surcharges may apply to your ride, including: actual or anticipated airport fees, state or local fees, event fees as determined by MYRIDI or its marketing partners, and processing fees for split payments. In addition, where required by law MYRIDI will collect applicable taxes. See your market’s MYRIDI Cities page for details on other Charges that may apply to your ride.
- Tips. Following a ride, you may elect to tip your Driver in cash or through the MYRIDI application. Any tips will be provided entirely to the applicable Driver.
- Facilitation of Charges. All Charges are facilitated through a third-party payment processing service (e.g., Stripe, Inc., or Braintree, a division of PayPal, Inc.). MYRIDI may replace its third-party payment processing services without notice to you. Charges shall only be made through the MYRIDI Podium. With the exception of tips, cash payments are strictly prohibited. Your payment of Charges to MYRIDI satisfies your payment obligation for your use of the MYRIDI Podium and Services.
- No Refunds. All Charges are non-refundable. This no-refund policy shall always apply regardless of your decision to terminate usage of the MYRIDI Podium, any disruption to the MYRIDI Podium or Services, or any other reason whatsoever.
- Coupons. You may receive coupons that you can apply toward payment of certain Charges upon completion of a Ride. Coupons are only valid for use on the MYRIDI Podium and are not transferable or redeemable for cash except as required by law. Coupons cannot be combined, and if the cost of your ride exceeds the applicable credit or discount value, we will charge your payment method on file for the outstanding cost of the Ride. For quoted or variable fares, MYRIDI may deduct the amount attributable to the Service Fee, Tolls, or Other Charges before application of the coupon. If you split payment for a Ride with another User, your coupon will only apply to your portion of the Charges. Additional restrictions on coupons may apply as communicated to you in a relevant promotion or by clicking on the relevant coupon within the Promotions section of the MYRIDI App.
- Credit Card Authorization. Upon addition of a new payment method or each ride request, MYRIDI may seek authorization of your selected payment method to verify the payment method, ensure the ride cost will be covered, and protect against unauthorized behavior. The authorization is not a charge; however, it may reduce your available credit by the authorization amount until your bank’s next processing cycle. Should the amount of our authorization exceed the total funds on deposit in your account, you may be subject to overdraft of NSF charges by the bank issuing your debit or prepaid card. We cannot be held responsible for these charges and are unable to assist you in recovering them from your issuing bank. Check out our Help Center to learn more about our use of pre-authorization holds.
If you are a Driver, you will receive payment for your provision of Services pursuant to the terms of the Driver Addendum, which shall form part of this Agreement between you and MYRIDI. The Driver Addendum is available in the Driver dashboard when you log into your account.
By entering into this Agreement or using the Podium, you agree to receive communications from us, including via e-mail, text message, calls, and push notifications. You agree that texts, calls or prerecorded messages may be generated by automatic telephone dialing systems. Communications from MYRIDI, its affiliated companies and/or Drivers, may include but are not limited to: operational communications concerning your User account or use of the MYRIDI Podium or Services, updates concerning new and existing features on the MYRIDI Podium, communications concerning promotions run by us or our third-party partners, and news concerning MYRIDI and industry developments. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages we send.
If you wish to opt out of promotional emails, you can unsubscribe from our promotional email list by following the unsubscribe options in the promotional email itself. If you wish to opt out of promotional calls or texts, you may text “END” to 46080 from the mobile device receiving the messages. You acknowledge that you are not required to consent to receive promotional texts or calls as a condition of using the MYRIDI Podium or the Services. If you wish to opt out of all texts or calls from MYRIDI (including operational or transactional texts or calls), you can text the word “STOPALL” to 46080 from the mobile device receiving the messages, however you acknowledge that opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of the MYRIDI Podium or the Services.
You may be able to create or log-in to your MYRIDI User account through online accounts you may have with third party social networking sites (each such account, an “SNS Account”). By connecting to MYRIDI through an SNS Account, you understand that MYRIDI may access, store, and make available any SNS Account content according to the permission settings of your SNS Account (e.g., friends, mutual friends, contacts or following/followed lists (the “SNS Content”)). You understand that SNS Content may be available on and through the MYRIDI Podium to other Users. Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement, all SNS Content, if any, will be considered to be your Information.
Promotions and Referral Programs
MYRIDI, at its sole discretion, may make available promotions with different features to any Users or prospective Users. These promotions, unless made to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your Agreement or relationship with MYRIDI. MYRIDI reserves the right to withhold or deduct credits or benefits obtained through a promotion if MYRIDI determines or believes that the redemption of the promotion or receipt of the credit or benefit was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of the applicable promotion terms or this Agreement.
As part of your User account, MYRIDI may provide you with or allow you to create a “MYRIDI Code,” a unique alphanumeric code for you to distribute to your friends and family (each a “Referred User”) to become new MYRIDI Riders (“Referred Riders”) or Drivers (“Referred Drivers”) in your country. MYRIDI Codes may only be distributed for promotional purposes and must be given away free of charge. You may not sell, trade, or barter your MYRIDI Code. You are prohibited from advertising MYRIDI Codes in any way, including through any of the following: Google, Facebook, Twitter, Bing and Craigslist. MYRIDI reserves the right to deactivate or invalidate any MYRIDI Code at any time in MYRIDI’s discretion.
From time to time, MYRIDI may offer you with incentives to refer your friends and family to become new Users of the MYRIDI Podium in your country (the “Referral Program”). These incentives may come in the form of MYRIDI Credits, and MYRIDI may set or change the incentive types, amounts, terms, restrictions, and qualification requirements for any incentives in its sole discretion. Your distribution of MYRIDI Codes and participation in the Referral Program is subject to this Agreement and the additional Referral Program rules.
With respect to your use of the MYRIDI Podium and your participation in the Services, you agree that you will not:
- impersonate any person or entity;
- stalk, threaten, or otherwise harass any person, or carry any weapons;
- violate any law, statute, rule, permit, ordinance or regulation;
- interfere with or disrupt the MYRIDI Podium or the servers or networks connected to the MYRIDI Podium;
- post Information or interact on the MYRIDI Podium or Services in a manner which is fraudulent, libelous, abusive, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, harassing, or illegal;
- use the MYRIDI Podium in any way that infringes any third party’s rights, including: intellectual property rights, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- post, email or otherwise transmit any malicious code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the MYRIDI Podium;
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the MYRIDI Podium, without our prior written authorization or use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to us in order to direct any person to any other web site for any purpose;
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the MYRIDI Podium or any software used on or for the MYRIDI Podium;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute, license or sublicense the MYRIDI Podium or access to any portion of the MYRIDI Podium;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, scrape, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the MYRIDI Podium or its contents;
- link directly or indirectly to any other web sites;
- transfer or sell your User account, password and/or identification to any other party
- discriminate against or harass anyone on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age or sexual orientation, or
- cause any third party to engage in the restricted activities above.
Driver Representations, Warranties and Agreements
By providing Services as a Driver on the MYRIDI Podium, you represent, warrant, and agree that:
- You possess a valid driver’s license and are authorized and medically fit to operate a motor vehicle and have all appropriate licenses, approvals and authority to provide transportation to Riders in all jurisdictions in which you provide Services.
- You own, or have the legal right to operate, the vehicle you use when providing Services, and such vehicle is in good operating condition and meets the industry safety standards and all applicable statutory and state department of motor vehicle requirements for a vehicle of its kind.
- You will not engage in reckless behavior while driving, drive unsafely, operate a vehicle that is unsafe to drive, permit an unauthorized third party to accompany you in the vehicle while providing Services, provide Services as a Driver while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or take action that harms or threatens to harm the safety of the MYRIDI community or third parties.
- You will only provide Services using the vehicle that has been reported to, and approved by MYRIDI, and for which a photograph has been provided to MYRIDI, and you will not transport more passengers than can securely be seated in such vehicle (and no more than seven (7) passengers in any instance).
- You will not, while providing the Services, operate as a public or common carrier or taxi service, accept street hails, charge for rides (except as expressly provided in this Agreement), demand that a rider pay in cash, or use a credit card reader, such as a Square Reader, to accept payment or engage in any other activity in a manner that is inconsistent with your obligations under this Agreement.
- You will not attempt to defraud MYRIDI or Riders on the MYRIDI Podium or in connection with your provision of Services. If we suspect that you have engaged in fraudulent activity we may withhold applicable Fares or other payments for the ride(s) in question.
- You will make reasonable accommodation for Riders and/or for service animals, as required by law and our Service Animal Policy.
- You agree that we may obtain information about you, including your criminal and driving records, and you agree to provide any further necessary authorizations to facilitate our access to such records during the term of the Agreement.
- You have a valid policy of liability insurance (in coverage amounts consistent with all applicable legal requirements) that names or schedules you for the operation of the vehicle you use to provide Services.
- You will pay all applicable federal, state and local taxes based on your provision of Services and any payments received by you.
All intellectual property rights in the MYRIDI Podium shall be owned by MYRIDI absolutely and in their entirety. These rights include database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights wherever existing in the world together with the right to apply for protection of the same. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, company or product names set forth in the MYRIDI Podium are the property of their respective owners. You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of MYRIDI. MYRIDI shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
MYRIDI and other MYRIDI logos, designs, graphics, icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of MYRIDI in the United States and/or other countries (collectively, the “MYRIDI Marks”). If you provide Services as a Driver, MYRIDI grants to you, during the term of this Agreement, and subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to display and use the MYRIDI Marks solely in connection with providing the Services through the MYRIDI Podium (“License”). The License is non-transferable and non-assignable, and you shall not grant to any third party any right, permission, license or sublicense with respect to any of the rights granted hereunder without MYRIDI’s prior written permission, which it may withhold in its sole discretion. The MYRIDI Marks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
You acknowledge that MYRIDI is the owner and licensor of the MYRIDI Marks, including all goodwill associated therewith, and that your use of the MYRIDI Marks will confer no additional interest in or ownership of the MYRIDI Marks in you but rather inures to the benefit of MYRIDI. You agree to use the MYRIDI Marks strictly in accordance with MYRIDI’s Trademark Usage Guidelines, as may be provided to you and revised from time to time, and to immediately cease any use that MYRIDI determines to nonconforming or otherwise unacceptable.
You agree that you will not: (1) create any materials that use the MYRIDI Marks or any derivatives of the MYRIDI Marks as a trademark, service mark, trade name or trade dress, other than as expressly approved by MYRIDI in writing; (2) use the MYRIDI Marks in any way that tends to impair their validity as proprietary trademarks, service marks, trade names or trade dress, or use the MYRIDI Marks other than in accordance with the terms, conditions and restrictions herein; (3) take any other action that would jeopardize or impair MYRIDI’s rights as owner of the MYRIDI Marks or the legality and/or enforceability of the MYRIDI Marks, including, challenging or opposing MYRIDI’s ownership in the MYRIDI Marks; (4) apply for trademark registration or renewal of trademark registration of any of the MYRIDI Marks, any derivative of the MYRIDI Marks, any combination of the MYRIDI Marks and any other name, or any trademark, service mark, trade name, symbol or word which is similar to the MYRIDI Marks; (5) use the MYRIDI Marks on or in connection with any product, service or activity that is in violation of any law, statute, government regulation or standard.
Violation of any provision of this License may result in immediate termination of the License, in MYRIDI’s sole discretion. If you create any materials bearing the MYRIDI Marks (in violation of this Agreement or otherwise), you agree that upon their creation MYRIDI exclusively owns all right, title and interest in and to such materials, including any modifications to the MYRIDI Marks or derivative works based on the MYRIDI Marks. You further agree to assign any interest or right you may have in such materials to MYRIDI, and to provide information and execute any documents as reasonably requested by MYRIDI to enable MYRIDI to formalize such assignment.
MYRIDI respects the intellectual property of others and expects Users to do the same. If you believe, in good faith, that any materials on the MYRIDI Podium or Services infringe upon your copyrights, please view our Copyright Policy for information on how to make a copyright complaint.
The following disclaimers are made on behalf of MYRIDI, our affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, successors and assigns, and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and shareholders.
MYRIDI does not provide transportation services, and MYRIDI is not a transportation carrier. MYRIDI is not a common carrier or public carrier. It is up to the Driver to decide whether or not to offer a ride to a Rider contacted through the MYRIDI Podium, and it is up to the Rider to decide whether or not to accept a ride from any Driver contacted through the MYRIDI Podium. We cannot ensure that a Driver or Rider will complete an arranged transportation service. We have no control over the quality or safety of the transportation that occurs as a result of the Services.
The MYRIDI Podium is provided on an “as is” basis and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. We do not guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the MYRIDI Podium and/or the Services, including the ability to provide or receive Services at any given location or time. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.
We do not warrant that your use of the MYRIDI Podium or Services will be accurate, complete, reliable, current, secure, uninterrupted, always available, or error- free, or will meet your requirements, that any defects in the MYRIDI Podium will be corrected, or that the MYRIDI Podium is free of viruses or other harmful components. We disclaim liability for, and no warranty is made with respect to, connectivity and availability of the MYRIDI Podium or Services.
We cannot guarantee that each Rider is who he or she claims to be. Please use common sense when using the MYRIDI Podium and Services, including looking at the photos of the Driver or Rider you have matched with to make sure it is the same individual you see in person. Please note that there are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense, and we do not accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication or other use or access of the MYRIDI Podium by persons under the age of 18 in violation of this Agreement. We encourage you to communicate directly with each potential Driver or Rider prior to engaging in an arranged transportation service.
MYRIDI is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the MYRIDI Podium or Services. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We do not procure insurance for, nor are we responsible for, personal belongings left in the car by Drivers or Riders. By using the MYRIDI Podium and participating in the Services, you agree to accept such risks and agree that MYRIDI is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Users on the MYRIDI Podium or participating in the Services.
You are responsible for the use of your User account and MYRIDI expressly disclaims any liability arising from the unauthorized use of your User account. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your User account, or you suspect any other breach of security, you agree to notify us immediately.
It is possible for others to obtain information about you that you provide, publish or post to or through the MYRIDI Podium (including any profile information you provide), send to other Users, or share during the Services, and to use such information to harass or harm you. We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you disclose to other Users on the MYRIDI Podium or through the Services. Please carefully select the type of information that you post on the MYRIDI Podium or through the Services or release to others. We disclaim all liability, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other Users (including unauthorized users, or “hackers”).
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content concerning MYRIDI or made available through the MYRIDI Podium, but not directly by us, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted by third parties, whether on the MYRIDI Podium or otherwise. We reserve the right, but we have no obligation, to monitor the materials posted on the MYRIDI Podium and remove any such material that in our sole opinion violates, or is alleged to violate, the law or this agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Users or others.
Location data provided by the MYRIDI Podium is for basic location purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete location data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. Neither MYRIDI, nor any of its content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of location data tracked or displayed by the MYRIDI Podium. Any of your Information, including geolocational data, you upload, provide, or post on the MYRIDI Podium may be accessible to MYRIDI and certain Users of the MYRIDI Podium.
MYRIDI advises you to use the MYRIDI Podium with a data plan with unlimited or very high data usage limits, and MYRIDI shall not responsible or liable for any fees, costs, or overage charges associated with any data plan you use to access the MYRIDI Podium.
This paragraph applies to any version of the MYRIDI Podium that you acquire from the Apple App Store. This Agreement is entered into between you and MYRIDI. Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) is not a party to this Agreement and shall have no obligations with respect to the MYRIDI Podium. MYRIDI, not Apple, is solely responsible for the MYRIDI Podium and the content thereof as set forth hereunder. However, Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement. Upon your acceptance of this Agreement, Apple shall have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof. This Agreement incorporates by reference Apple’s Licensed Application End User License Agreement, for purposes of which, you are “the end-user.” In the event of a conflict in the terms of the Licensed Application End User License Agreement and this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement shall control.
State and Local Disclosures
Certain jurisdictions require additional disclosures to you. You can view any disclosures required by your local jurisdiction at www.MYRIDI.com/terms/disclosures. We will update the disclosures page as jurisdictions add, remove or amend these required disclosures, so please check in regularly for updates.
You will defend, indemnify, and hold MYRIDI including our affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, successors and assigns, and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or shareholders harmless from any claims, actions, suits, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of your use of the MYRIDI Podium and participation in the Services, including: (1) your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference; (2) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, including, Drivers, Riders, other motorists, and pedestrians, as a result of your own interaction with such third party; (3) any allegation that any materials that you submit to us or transmit through the MYRIDI Podium or to us infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; (4) your ownership, use or operation of a motor vehicle or passenger vehicle, including your provision of Services as a Driver; and/or (5) any other activities in connection with the Services. This indemnity shall be applicable without regard to the negligence of any party, including any indemnified person.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will MYRIDI, including our affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, successors and assigns, and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or shareholders (collectively “MYRIDI” for purposes of this section), be liable to you for any incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, consequential, or indirect damages (including damages for deletion, corruption, loss of data, loss of programs, failure to store any information or other content maintained or transmitted by the MYRIDI Podium, service interruptions, or for the cost of procurement of substitute services) arising out of or in connection with the MYRIDI Podium, the Services, or this Agreement, however arising including negligence, even if we or our agents or representatives know or have been advised of the possibility of such damages. The MYRIDI Podium may be used by you to request and schedule transportation, goods, or other services with third party providers, but you agree that MYRIDI has no responsibility or liability to you related to any transportation, goods or other services provided to you by third party providers other than as expressly set forth in this agreement. Certain jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
Term and Termination
This Agreement is effective upon your creation of a User account. This Agreement may be terminated: a) by User, without cause, upon seven (7) days’ prior written notice to MYRIDI; or b) by either Party immediately, without notice, upon the other Party’s material breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to any breach of Section 9 or breach of Section 10(a) through (i) of this Agreement. In addition, MYRIDI may terminate this Agreement or deactivate your User account immediately in the event: (1) you no longer qualify to provide Services or to operate the approved vehicle under applicable law, rule, permit, ordinance or regulation; (2) you fall below MYRIDI’s star rating or cancellation threshold; (3) MYRIDI has the good faith belief that such action is necessary to protect the safety of the MYRIDI community or third parties, provided that in the event of a deactivation pursuant to (1)-(3) above, you will be given notice of the potential or actual deactivation and an opportunity to attempt to cure the issue to MYRIDI’s reasonable satisfaction prior to MYRIDI permanently terminating the Agreement. For all other breaches of this Agreement, you will be provided notice and an opportunity to cure the breach. If the breach is cured in a timely manner and to MYRIDI’s satisfaction, this Agreement will not be permanently terminated. Sections 2, 6, 7 (with respect to the license), 11-12, 14-19, and 21 shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
Dispute Resolution and Arbitration Agreement
(a) Agreement to Binding Arbitration Between You and MYRIDI.
You and MYRIDI mutually agree to waive our respective rights to resolution of disputes in a court of law by a judge or jury and agree to resolve any dispute by arbitration, as set forth below. This agreement to arbitrate (“Arbitration Agreement”) is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and survives after the Agreement terminates or your relationship with MYRIDI ends. Any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. Except as expressly provided below, this Arbitration Agreement applies to all Claims (defined below) between you and MYRIDI, including our affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, successors and assigns, and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or shareholders. This Arbitration Agreement also applies to claims between you and MYRIDI’s service providers, including but not limited to background check providers and payment processors; and such service providers shall be considered intended third-party beneficiaries of this Arbitration Agreement.
Except as expressly provided below, all disputes and claims between us (each a “Claim” and collectively, “Claims”) shall be exclusively resolved by binding arbitration solely between you and MYRIDI. These Claims include, but are not limited to, any dispute, claim or controversy, whether based on past, present, or future events, arising out of or relating to: this Agreement and prior versions thereof (including the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof), the MYRIDI Podium, the Services, any other goods or services made available through the MYRIDI Podium, your relationship with MYRIDI, the threatened or actual suspension, deactivation or termination of your User Account or this Agreement, background checks performed by or on MYRIDI’s behalf, payments made by you or any payments made or allegedly owed to you, any promotions or offers made by MYRIDI, any city, county, state or federal wage-hour law, trade secrets, unfair competition, compensation, breaks and rest periods, expense reimbursement, wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, fraud, defamation, emotional distress, breach of any express or implied contract or covenant, claims arising under federal or state consumer protection laws; claims arising under antitrust laws, claims arising under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act; and claims arising under the Uniform Trade Secrets Act, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans With Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Older Workers Benefit Protection Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (except for individual claims for employee benefits under any benefit plan sponsored by MYRIDI and covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 or funded by insurance), and state statutes, if any, addressing the same or similar subject matters, and all other federal and state statutory and common law claims. All disputes concerning the arbitrability of a Claim (including disputes about the scope, applicability, enforceability, revocability or validity of the Arbitration Agreement) shall be decided by the arbitrator, except as expressly provided below.
By agreeing to arbitration, you understand that you and MYRIDI are waiving the right to sue in court or have a jury trial for all Claims, except as expressly otherwise provided in this Arbitration Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement is intended to require arbitration of every claim or dispute that can lawfully be arbitrated, except for those claims and disputes which by the terms of this Arbitration Agreement are expressly excluded from the requirement to arbitrate.
(b) Prohibition of Class Actions and Non-Individualized Relief.
You understand and agree that you and MYRIDI may each bring Claims in arbitration against the other only in an individual capacity and not on a class, collective action, or representative basis (“Class Action Waiver”). You understand and agree that you and MYRIDI both are waiving the right to pursue or have a dispute resolved as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, collective or representative proceeding. Notwithstanding the foregoing, this subsection (b) shall not apply to representative private attorneys general act claims brought against MYRIDI, which are addressed separately in Section 17(c).
The arbitrator shall have no authority to consider or resolve any Claim or issue any relief on any basis other than an individual basis. The arbitrator shall have no authority to consider or resolve any Claim or issue any relief on a class, collective, or representative basis. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claims.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, the Arbitration Agreement or the AAA Rules, disputes regarding the scope, applicability, enforceability, revocability or validity of the Class Action Waiver may be resolved only by a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator. In any case in which: (1) the dispute is filed as a class, collective, or representative action and (2) there is a final judicial determination that the Class Action Waiver is unenforceable as to any Claims, then those Claims shall be severed from any remaining claims and may be brought in a civil court of competent jurisdiction, but the Class Action Waiver shall be enforced in arbitration on an individual basis as to all other Claims to the fullest extent possible.
(c) Representative PAGA Waiver.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement or the Arbitration Agreement, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (1) you and MYRIDI agree not to bring a representative action on behalf of others under the Private Attorneys General Act of 2004 (“PAGA”), Iowa Labor Code § 2698 et seq., in any court or in arbitration, and (2) for any claim brought on a private attorney general basis, including under the Iowa PAGA, both you and MYRIDI agree that any such dispute shall be resolved in arbitration on an individual basis only (i.e., to resolve whether you have personally been aggrieved or subject to any violations of law), and that such an action may not be used to resolve the claims or rights of other individuals in a single or collective proceeding (i.e., to resolve whether other individuals have been aggrieved or subject to any violations of law) (collectively, “representative PAGA Waiver”). Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, the Arbitration Agreement or the AAA Rules, disputes regarding the scope, applicability, enforceability, revocability or validity of this representative PAGA Waiver may be resolved only by a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator. If any provision of this representative PAGA Waiver is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason: (i) the unenforceable provision shall be severed from this Agreement; (ii) severance of the unenforceable provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the Arbitration Agreement or the requirement that any remaining Claims be arbitrated on an individual basis pursuant to the Arbitration Agreement; and (iii) any such representative PAGA or other representative private attorneys general act claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration. To the extent that there are any Claims to be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction because a civil court of competent jurisdiction determines that the representative PAGA Waiver is unenforceable with respect to those Claims, the Parties agree that litigation of those Claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual Claims in arbitration.
(d) Rules Governing the Arbitration.
Any arbitration conducted pursuant to this Arbitration Agreement shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) pursuant to its Consumer Arbitration Rules that are in effect at the time the arbitration is initiated, as modified by the terms set forth in this Agreement. Copies of these rules can be obtained at the AAA’s website (www.adr.org) (the “AAA Rules”) or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if requested by you and if proper based on the facts and circumstances of the Claims presented, the arbitrator shall have the discretion to select a different set of AAA Rules, but in no event shall the arbitrator consolidate more than one person’s Claims, or otherwise preside over any form of representative, collective, or class proceeding.
As part of the arbitration, both you and MYRIDI will have the opportunity for reasonable discovery of non-privileged information that is relevant to the Claim. The arbitrator may award any individualized remedies that would be available in court. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claims. The arbitrator will provide a reasoned written statement of the arbitrator’s decision which shall explain the award given and the findings and conclusions on which the decision is based.
The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with applicable law and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different Riders or Drivers but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same Rider or Driver to the extent required by applicable law. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof, provided that any award may be challenged in a court of competent jurisdiction.
(e) Arbitration Fees and Awards.
The payment of filing and arbitration fees will be governed by the relevant AAA Rules subject to the following modifications:
- If you initiate arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement after participating in the optional Negotiation process described in subsection (k) below and are otherwise required to pay a filing fee under the relevant AAA Rules, MYRIDI agrees that, unless your claim is for $5,000 or more, your share of the filing and arbitration fees is limited to $50, and that, after you submit proof of payment of the filing fee to MYRIDI, MYRIDI will promptly reimburse you for all but $50 of the filing fee. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the claim is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.
- If MYRIDI initiates arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, MYRIDI will pay all AAA filing and arbitration fees.
- With respect to any Claims brought by MYRIDI against a Driver, or for Claims brought by a Driver against MYRIDI that: (A) are based on an alleged employment relationship between MYRIDI and a Driver; (B) arise out of, or relate to, MYRIDI’s actual deactivation of a Driver’s User account or a threat by MYRIDI to deactivate a Driver’s User account; (C) arise out of, or relate to, MYRIDI’s actual termination of a Driver’s Agreement with MYRIDI under the termination provisions of this Agreement, or a threat by MYRIDI to terminate a Driver’s Agreement; (D) arise out of, or relate to, Fares (as defined in this Agreement, including MYRIDI’s commission or fees on the Fares), tips, or average hourly guarantees owed by MYRIDI to Drivers for Services, other than disputes relating to referral bonuses, other MYRIDI promotions, or consumer-type disputes, or (E) arise out of or relate to background checks performed in connection with a user seeking to become a Driver (the subset of Claims in subsections (A)-(E) shall be collectively referred to as “Driver Claims”), MYRIDI shall pay all costs unique to arbitration (as compared to the costs of adjudicating the same claims before a court), including the regular and customary arbitration fees and expenses (to the extent not paid by MYRIDI pursuant to the fee provisions above). However, if you are the party initiating the Driver Claim, you shall be responsible for contributing up to an amount equal to the filing fee that would be paid to initiate the claim in the court of general jurisdiction in the state in which you provide Services to Riders, unless a lower fee amount would be owed by you pursuant to the AAA Rules, applicable law, or subsection (e)(1) above. Any dispute as to whether a cost is unique to arbitration shall be resolved by the arbitrator. For purposes of this Section 17(e)(3), the term “Driver” shall be deemed to include both Drivers and Driver applicants who have not been approved to drive.
- Except as provided in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 68 or any state equivalents, each party shall pay its own attorneys’ fees and pay any costs that are not unique to the arbitration (i.e., costs that each party would incur if the claim(s) were litigated in a court such as costs to subpoena witnesses and/or documents, take depositions and purchase deposition transcripts, copy documents, etc.).
- At the end of any arbitration, the arbitrator may award reasonable fees and costs or any portion thereof to you if you prevail, to the extent authorized by applicable law.
- Although under some laws MYRIDI may have a right to an award of attorneys’ fees and non-filing fee expenses if it prevails in an arbitration, MYRIDI agrees that it will not seek such an award.
- If the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of MYRIDI’s last written settlement offer made after you participated in good faith in the optional Negotiation process described in subsection (k) below, then MYRIDI will pay you the amount of the award or U.S. $1,000, whichever is greater.
(f) Location and Manner of Arbitration.
Unless you and MYRIDI agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings between MYRIDI and a Rider will take place in the county of your billing address, and any arbitration hearings between MYRIDI and a Driver will take place in the county in which the Driver provides Services. If AAA arbitration is unavailable in your county, the arbitration hearings will take place in the nearest available location for a AAA arbitration. If your Claim is for $10,000 or less, MYRIDI agrees that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as determined by the AAA Rules. If your Claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules.
(g) Exceptions to Arbitration.
This Arbitration Agreement shall not require arbitration of the following types of claims: (1) small claims actions brought on an individual basis that are within the scope of such small claims court’s jurisdiction; (2) a representative action brought on behalf of others under PAGA or other private attorneys general acts, to the extent the representative PAGA Waiver in Section 17(c) of such action is deemed unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction under applicable law not preempted by the FAA; (3) claims for workers’ compensation, state disability insurance and unemployment insurance benefits; and (4) claims that may not be subject to arbitration as a matter of generally applicable law not preempted by the FAA.
Nothing in this Arbitration Agreement prevents you from making a report to or filing a claim or charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, U.S. Department of Labor, Securities Exchange Commission, National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”), or Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, or similar local, state or federal agency, and nothing in this Arbitration Agreement shall be deemed to preclude or excuse a party from bringing an administrative claim before any agency in order to fulfill the party’s obligation to exhaust administrative remedies before making a claim in arbitration However, should you bring an administrative claim, you may only seek or recover money damages of any type pursuant to this Arbitration Provision, and you knowingly and voluntarily waive the right to seek or recover money damages of any type pursuant to any administrative complaint, except for a complaint issued by the NLRB. Should you participate in an NLRB proceeding, you may only recover money damages if such recovery does not arise from or relate to a claim previously adjudicated under this Arbitration Provision or settled by you. Similarly, you may not recover money damages under this Arbitration Provision if you have already adjudicated such claim with the NLRB. Nothing in this Agreement or Arbitration Agreement prevents your participation in an investigation by a government agency of any report, claim or charge otherwise covered by this Arbitration Provision.
In addition to the severability provisions in subsections (c) above, in the event that any portion of this Arbitration Agreement is deemed illegal or unenforceable under applicable law not preempted by the FAA, such provision shall be severed, and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall be given full force and effect.
(i) Driver Claims in Pending Settlement.
If you are a member of a putative class in a lawsuit against MYRIDI involving Driver Claims and a Motion for Preliminary Approval of a Settlement has been filed with the court in that lawsuit prior to this Agreement’s effective date (a “Pending Settlement Action”), then this Arbitration Agreement shall not apply to your Driver Claims in that particular class action. Instead, your Driver Claims in that Pending Settlement Action shall continue to be governed by the arbitration provisions contained in the applicable Agreement that you accepted prior to this Agreement’s effective date.
(j) Opting Out of Arbitration for Driver Claims That Are Not in a Pending Settlement Action.
As a Driver or Driver applicant, you may opt out of the requirement to arbitrate Driver Claims defined in Section 17(e)(3) (except as limited by Section 17(i) above) pursuant to the terms of this subsection if you have not previously agreed to an arbitration provision in MYRIDI’s Terms of Service where you had the opportunity to opt out of the requirement to arbitrate. If you have previously agreed to such an arbitration provision, you may opt out of any revisions to your prior arbitration agreement made by this provision in the manner specified below but opting out of this arbitration provision has no effect on any previous, other, or future arbitration agreements that you may have with MYRIDI. If you have not previously agreed to such an arbitration provision and do not wish to be subject to this Arbitration Agreement with respect to Driver Claims, you may opt out of arbitration with respect to such Driver Claims, other than those in a Pending Settlement Action, by notifying MYRIDI in writing of your desire to opt out of arbitration for such Driver Claims, which writing must be dated, signed and delivered by: (1) electronic mail to arbitrationoptout@MYRIDI.com, or (2) by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, or by any nationally recognized delivery service (e.g, UPS, Federal Express, etc.) that is addressed to:
750 Trail Ln., Suite 7000
Huntsville, Al, 35758
Cases have been filed against MYRIDI and may be filed in the future involving Driver Claims. You should assume that there are now, and may be in the future, lawsuits against MYRIDI alleging class, collective, and/or representative Driver Claims in which the plaintiffs seek to act on your behalf, and which, if successful, could result in some monetary recovery to you. But if you do agree to arbitration of Driver Claims with MYRIDI under this Arbitration Agreement, you are agreeing in advance that you will bring all such claims, and seek all monetary and other relief, against MYRIDI in an individual arbitration provision, except for the Driver Claims that are part of a Pending Settlement Action. You are also agreeing in advance that you will not participate in, or seek to recover monetary or other relief, for such claims in any court action or class, collective, and/or representative action. You have the right to consult with counsel of your choice concerning this Arbitration Agreement and you will not be subject to retaliation if you exercise your right to assert claims or opt- out of any Driver Claims under this Arbitration Agreement.
(k) Optional Pre-Arbitration Negotiation Process.
Before initiating any arbitration or proceeding, you and MYRIDI may agree to first attempt to negotiate any dispute, claim or controversy between the parties informally for 30 days, unless this time period is mutually extended by you and MYRIDI. A party who intends to seek negotiation under this subsection must first send to the other a written notice of the dispute (“Notice”). The Notice must (1) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (2) set forth the specific relief sought. All offers, promises, conduct and statements, whether oral or written, made in the course of the negotiation by any of the parties, their agents, employees, and attorneys are confidential, privileged and inadmissible for any purpose, including as evidence of liability or for impeachment, in arbitration or other proceeding involving the parties, provided that evidence that is otherwise admissible or discoverable shall not be rendered inadmissible or non-discoverable as a result of its use in the negotiation.
You agree not to use any technical, financial, strategic and other proprietary and confidential information relating to MYRIDI’s business, operations and properties, information about a User made available to you in connection with such User’s use of the Podium, which may include the User’s name, pick-up location, contact information and photo (“Confidential Information”) disclosed to you by MYRIDI for your own use or for any purpose other than as contemplated herein. You shall not disclose or permit disclosure of any Confidential Information to third parties. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect the secrecy of and avoid disclosure or use of Confidential Information of MYRIDI in order to prevent it from falling into the public domain. Notwithstanding the above, you shall not have liability to MYRIDI with regard to any Confidential Information which you can prove: was in the public domain at the time it was disclosed by MYRIDI or has entered the public domain through no fault of yours; was known to you, without restriction, at the time of disclosure, as demonstrated by files in existence at the time of disclosure; is disclosed with the prior written approval of MYRIDI; becomes known to you, without restriction, from a source other than MYRIDI without breach of this Agreement by you and otherwise not in violation of MYRIDI’s rights; or is disclosed pursuant to the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency, or other governmental body; provided, however, that You shall provide prompt notice of such court order or requirement to MYRIDI to enable MYRIDI to seek a protective order or otherwise prevent or restrict such disclosure.
Relationship with MYRIDI
As a Driver on the MYRIDI Podium, you acknowledge and agree that you and MYRIDI are in a direct business relationship, and the relationship between the parties under this Agreement is solely that of independent contracting parties. You and MYRIDI expressly agree that (1) this is not an employment agreement and does not create an employment relationship between you and MYRIDI; and (2) no joint venture, franchisor- franchisee, partnership, or agency relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. You have no authority to bind MYRIDI, and you undertake not to hold yourself out as an employee, agent or authorized representative of MYRIDI.
MYRIDI does not, and shall not be deemed to, direct or control you generally or in your performance under this Agreement specifically, including in connection with your provision of Services, your acts or omissions, or your operation and maintenance of your vehicle. You retain the sole right to determine when, where, and for how long you will utilize the MYRIDI Podium. You retain the option to accept or to decline or ignore a Rider’s request for Services via the MYRIDI Podium, or to cancel an accepted request for Services via the MYRIDI Podium, subject to MYRIDI’s then-current cancellation policies. With the exception of any signage required by law or permit/license rules or requirements, MYRIDI shall have no right to require you to: (a) display MYRIDI’s names, logos or colors on your vehicle(s); or (b) wear a uniform or any other clothing displaying MYRIDI’s names, logos or colors. You acknowledge and agree that you have complete discretion to provide Services or otherwise engage in other business or employment activities.
In addition to connecting Riders with Drivers, the MYRIDI Podium may enable Users to provide or receive goods or services from other third parties. For example, Users may be able to use the MYRIDI Podium to order a delivery of goods, purchase a digital item, request a carpool ride from a commuter going in your direction, or when travelling outside of the United States, to connect with local transportation Podiums and request rides from local drivers (collectively, the “Other Services”). You understand and that the Other Services are subject to the terms and pricing of the third-party provider. If you choose to purchase Other Services through the MYRIDI Podium, you authorize MYRIDI to charge your payment method on file according to the pricing terms set by the third-party provider. You agree that MYRIDI is not responsible and may not be held liable for the Other Services or the actions or omissions of the third- party provider. Such Other Services may not be investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Other Services accessed through the MYRIDI Podium.
Except as provided in Section 17, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa without regard to choice of law principles. This choice of law provision is only intended to specify the use of Iowa law to interpret this Agreement and is not intended to create any other substantive right to non- Iowans to assert claims under Iowa law whether by statute, common law, or otherwise. If any provision of this Agreement is or becomes invalid or non- binding, the parties shall remain bound by all other provisions of this Agreement. In that event, the parties shall replace the invalid or non-binding provision with provisions that are valid and binding and that have, to the greatest extent possible, a similar effect as the invalid or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of this Agreement. You agree that this Agreement and all incorporated agreements may be automatically assigned by MYRIDI, in our sole discretion by providing notice to you. Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices to MYRIDI shall be given by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested to MYRIDI, LLC., 750 Trail Ln., Suite 7000, Huntsville, Al, 35758. Any notices to you shall be provided to you through the MYRIDI Podium or given to you via the email address or physical you provide to MYRIDI during the registration process. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. The words “include”, “includes” and “including” are deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation”. A party’s failure to act with respect to a breach by the other party does not constitute a waiver of the party’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and MYRIDI with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all previous understandings and agreements between the parties, whether oral or written.
If you have any questions regarding the MYRIDI Podium or Services, please contact our Customer Support Team through our Help Center.
Last Updated: February 1, 2019
Information We Collect
- Information You Provide to Us
Registration Information. When you sign up for a MYRIDI account, you give us your name, email address, and phone number. If you decide to sign up for MYRIDI using your Facebook account, we will also get basic information from your Facebook profile like your name, gender, profile photo, and Facebook friends.
User Profile Information. When you join the MYRIDI community, you can create a MYRIDI Profile to share fun facts about yourself and discover mutual friends and interests. Filling out a profile is optional, and you can share as little or as much as you want. Your name (and for Drivers, Profile photos) is always part of your Profile. Read more below about how you can control who sees your Profile. You can also add a Business Profile to your account, which requires a designated business email address and payment method.
Payment Method. When you add a credit card or payment method to your MYRIDI account, a third party that handles payments for us will receive your card information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Driver Application Information. If you decide to join our MYRIDI driver community, in addition to the basic registration information we ask you for your date of birth, physical address, Social Security number, driver’s license information, vehicle information, car insurance information, and in some jurisdictions, we may collect additional business license or permitting information. We share this information with our partners who help us by running background checks on Drivers to help protect the MYRIDI community.
Payment Information. To make sure Drivers get paid, we keep information about Drivers’ bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information provided by Drivers.
- Information We Collect When You Use the MYRIDI Podium
Location Information. MYRIDI is all about connecting Drivers and Riders. To do this, we need to know where you are. When you open MYRIDI on your mobile device, we receive your location. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. If you label certain locations, such as “home” and “work,” we receive that information, too.
Your location information is necessary for things like matching Riders with nearby Drivers, determining drop off and pick up locations, and suggesting destinations based on previous trips. Also, if the need ever arises, our Trust & Safety team may use and share location information to help protect the safety of MYRIDI Users or a member of the public. In addition to the reasons described above, Drivers’ location information and distance travelled is necessary for calculating charges and insurance for MYRIDI rides. If you give us permission through your device settings or MYRIDI app, we may collect your location while the app is off to identify promotions or service updates in your area.
Device Information. MYRIDI receives information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, push notification tokens, and, if you register with your Facebook account, your Facebook identifier. We collect mobile sensor data from Drivers’ devices (such as speed, direction, height, acceleration or deceleration) to improve location accuracy and analyze usage patterns.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use the MYRIDI Podium and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the MYRIDI Podium, like the pages or other content you view, your actions within the MYRIDI app, and the dates and times of your visits.
Call and Text Information. We work with a third-party partner to facilitate phone calls and text messages between Riders and Drivers who have been connected for a ride. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages. For security purposes, we may also monitor and/or record the contents of phone calls made on the MYRIDI Podium, such as those between Riders and Drivers. You will be given notice that your call may be recorded, and by proceeding you agree to allow MYRIDI to monitor and/or record your call.
User Feedback. At MYRIDI, we want to make sure Users are always enjoying great rides. Riders and Drivers may rate and review each other at the end of every ride. We receive information about ratings and reviews and, as we explain below, give Riders information about Drivers’ ratings and reviews and vice versa.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand how you navigate through the MYRIDI Podium and interact with MYRIDI advertisements, to learn what content is popular, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the MYRIDI Podium. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may be missing out on certain features of the MYRIDI Podium.
- Information We Collect from Third Parties
Third Party Services. If you choose to register for MYRIDI or otherwise link your MYRIDI account with a third party’s service (such as Facebook), we may receive the same type of information we collect from you (described above) directly from those services.
Third Party Partners. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third party partners and combine it with other information that we have about you.
Enterprise Programs. If your company, university, or organization participates in one of our enterprise programs such as MYRIDI for Work, we may receive information about you, such as your email address, from your participating organization. We also may give your participating organization the opportunity to request a ride on your behalf, in which case they may provide us with your name, phone number, and the pickup and drop off location for your ride.
Background Information on Drivers. MYRIDI works with third party partners to perform driving record and criminal background checks on Drivers, and we receive information from them such as publicly available information about a Driver’s driving record or criminal history.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from all Users to:
- Connect Riders with Drivers;
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote the MYRIDI Podium;
- Analyze how the MYRIDI community uses the MYRIDI Podium;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Personalize the MYRIDI experience for you and your friends and contacts;
- Send you text messages and push notifications;
- Facilitate transactions and payments;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including auto incidents, disputes between Riders and Drivers, and requests from government authorities.
Additionally, we use the information we collect from Drivers for the following purposes related to driving on the MYRIDI Podium:
- Sending emails and text messages to Drivers who have started the driver application process regarding the status of their application;
- Determining a Driver’s eligibility to drive for MYRIDI
- Notifying Drivers about ride demand, pricing and service updates; and
- Calculating and providing MYRIDI’s auto insurance policy and analyzing usage patterns for safety and insurance purposes.
How We Share the Information We Collect
- Sharing Between Users
Sharing between Riders and Drivers. Riders and Drivers that have been matched for a ride are able to see basic information about each other, such as names, photo, ratings, and any information they have added to their Profiles. Riders and Drivers who connect their MYRIDI accounts to Facebook will also be able to see their mutual Facebook friends during the ride. Drivers see the pick-up location that the Rider has provided. Riders see a Driver’s vehicle information and real-time location as the Driver approaches the pick-up location. Riders’ ratings of Drivers are shared with Drivers on a weekly basis. We de-identify the ratings and feedback, but we can’t rule out that a driver may be able to identify the Rider that provided the rating or feedback.
Although we help Riders and Drivers communicate with one another to arrange a pickup, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information with other Users. If you report a lost or found item to us, we will seek to connect you with the relevant Rider or Driver, including sharing actual contact information with your permission.
Sharing between MYRIDI Line Riders. If you use MYRIDI Line, Riders who have been matched with you will be able to see your name, photo and any information you have added to your Profile. If you connect your MYRIDI account to Facebook (such as by signing up through Facebook), we may show your mutual friends with other Riders who are also connected via Facebook. During the MYRIDI Line matching process we may show photos of possible matches to you and other Riders.
- Sharing Between MYRIDI and Third Parties
API and Integration Partners. If you connect to the MYRIDI Podium through an integration with a third-party service, we may share information about your use of the MYRIDI Podium with that third party. We may share your information with our third-party partners in order to receive additional information about you. We may also share your information with third party partners to create offers that may be of interest to you.
Third Party Services. The MYRIDI Podium may allow you to connect with other websites, products, or services that we don’t have control over (for example, we may give you the ability to order a food delivery from a restaurant from within the MYRIDI app). If you use these services, we will provide the third party with information about you to allow them to provide the service to you (for example, we would give the restaurant your name, phone number and address to drop off the food). We can’t speak to the privacy practices of these third parties, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies before deciding whether to use their services.
Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to perform services on our behalf, and we may share your information with such service providers to help us provide the MYRIDI Podium, including all things described in Section 3 above.
Enterprise Partners. If you participate in an enterprise program and charge a ride to your organization’s billing method or credits, we will provide your organization’s account holder with information about your use of the MYRIDI Podium, including ride details such as date, time, charge, and pick up and drop off locations. If you create a Business Profile, at the end of each ride you will have the option to designate the ride as a business ride. If you do so, and your organization has a corporate account with MYRIDI, we may share information about your use of MYRIDI Podium with your organization including ride details such as date, time, charge, and region of the trip. If you change organizations, it is your responsibility to update your Business Profile with the new information. (Please remember to check and set your designation settings accordingly.) If you integrate your account with an expense Podium (like Concur) we will share the ride details to your expense account.
International Partners. We’ve partnered with several ride-sharing services around the globe so Riders can continue to find rides when they open the MYRIDI app abroad, and Drivers can provide services to international travelers in the U.S. When we match a ride with the partner, we share the same information that is shared between matched Riders and Drivers on the MYRIDI Podium. In some cases we are unable to mask your phone number if you call an international driver, so please keep that in mind before using this feature.
Other Sharing. We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets;
- If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the MYRIDI community, MYRIDI, or the public (you can read more about this in our Law Enforcement Request policy);
- To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures.
- If you signed up for a promotion with another User’s referral or promotion code, with your referrer to let them know about your redemption of or qualification for the promotion;
- With our insurance partners to help determine and provide relevant coverage in the event of an incident;
- To provide information about the use of the MYRIDI Podium to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails, but we will still send you transactional and relational emails about your account use of the MYRIDI Podium.
Text Messages. You can opt out of receiving commercial or promotional text messages by sending a written letter to the same place you sent your resume. You may also opt out of receiving all texts from MYRIDI (including transactional or relational messages) by sending a written letter to the same place you sent your resume, however, opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of the MYRIDI Podium. Drivers can also opt out of driver-specific messages by texting STOP in response to a driver SMS. To re-enable texts, you can text START in response to an unsubscribe confirmation SMS.
Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the MYRIDI Podium (such as receiving a notification that your ride has arrived).
Profile Information. While your name will always be shared with Drivers and fellow MYRIDI Line Riders, you can delete any additional information that you added to your Profile at any time if you don’t want Drivers and MYRIDI Line Riders to see it. Riders will always be able to see Drivers’ names, rating, profile photos, and vehicle information.
Location Information. While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your Device’s operating system settings, Rider and Driver location is core to the MYRIDI Podium and without it we can’t provide our services to you.
Facebook Friends. You can control whether to enable or disable the Facebook mutual friends feature through your profile settings.
Data Security. We are committed to protecting the data of the MYRIDI community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
Children’s Privacy. MYRIDI is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us at our Help Center.