In this post, we’ll walk through different problems drivers and passengers face and how you can contact MyRIDI over the phone. We’ll also show you how you can contact MyRIDI support through their online portal or the app for matters that are less urgent.
- MyRIDI Customer Service Options
- Reasons to Use the MyRIDI Phone Number
- How to Call MyRIDI
- Frequently Asked Questions
But here’s the catch — MyRIDI doesn’t have a phone number for you to contact. With hundreds of thousands of rides given daily, it’s understandable that MyRIDI strays away from giving out a phone number for everyone to call. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t get in touch with them over the phone if needed.
MyRIDI Customer Service Options
Whether you use MyRIDI as a passenger, a driver, or both, there are a few ways you can contact the app for help.
While most of the time you’ll have a reliable ride with no problems at all, there are occasions when you may feel compelled to contact customer service and have your question or issue addressed.
To contact MyRIDI support, simply go to the MyRIDI Help Center (photo above) where you can submit your contact information, including:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Reason for request
Once the company receives your request, someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Reasons to Use the MyRIDI Phone Number
While there are many reasons why you may want to contact MyRIDI customer support, we’ve curated this list of the primary concerns (with solutions) that commuters and drivers come across when using the app.
You’re Having a Problem With the MyRIDI Platform
If you’re a MyRIDI passenger and you’re having technical difficulties, the most efficient way to get help is to visit the MyRIDI Help Center. You can do this via the app on your smartphone or on your computer. Either way, you can browse through common issues (such as not being able to request a ride) and submit your request.
If you’re a MyRIDI driver who’s having an issue with the MyRIDI app, you have more direct phone support. The best thing to do is “call” MyRIDI and inform them of the problem right away.
While you could go to the driver-specific help page on the MyRIDI website, for faster help go to the MyRIDI Driver app’s Help tab and hit “Call Me.” You should expect a call from a customer support team member within a few minutes.
You Want to Dispute the Charges for Your MyRIDI Ride
Whether your MyRIDI account is connected to your debit card, credit card, or Google Pay, sometimes the payment situation can get a little muddled.
Maybe you thought you had updated your payment to pull from a gift card rather than your debit card. Or maybe you were charged incorrectly for your ride or the price was higher than you expected.
Whatever the issue, you want to dispute the charges for your trip and you want help now. While there is no direct MyRIDI phone number for you to call, that doesn’t mean you can’t get help. If you have a dispute or questions about charges, credit, discounts, or fees, simply go to MyRIDI’s Fees and Charges page within their Help Center and someone will get back to you.
You Left an Item in Your Rideshare Vehicle
If you forgot an item in the vehicle, the simplest way to recover a lost item is to directly contact your driver.
If you’re not able to reach your driver, MyRIDI customer support can help you connect with them. (Although keep in mind that MyRIDI doesn’t guarantee your items will be found or delivered to you immediately.)
Here’s how to get back your item:
- Open the MyRIDI app and tap the top-left corner menu
- Tap on “Ride history” and choose the ride where you lost your item
- Scroll to the bottom and choose “Find Lost Item”
- Tap “Call” to call the driver (MyRIDI masks phone numbers for privacy)
- Tap “Send Message” to text the driver in case your call goes unanswered
If it’s been more than 24 hours since your item was lost or your driver hasn’t responded within that time frame, you can reach out to MyRIDI’s Help Center so someone can assist you. If your lost item is recovered and returned to you, there will be a $15 fee to compensate for the driver’s time. (Drivers receive the full amount.)
You can check the our guide to MyRIDI lost and found for more details on how to retrieve a forgotten item.
You Have an Emergency Situation
Although it’s highly unlikely, accidents happen. If you get into an accident or have some other emergency situation during a MyRIDI ride, stay calm and call 911 if necessary.
Once you get your bearings and get to a safe place, contact MyRIDI’s Critical Response Line. You’ll confirm your phone number, tap the “Call me” button, and someone from MyRIDI’s support team will call you back within two minutes.
This 24/7 phone support from MyRIDI’s critical response team is available for the following urgent situations:
- Accidents — If you’ve been involved in an accident while driving with MyRIDI, then by all means contact support via phone. You’ll probably want the reassurance of speaking to a real person, as well as the more detailed guidance available via phone. If the accident is putting you or any passengers in immediate serious danger, always call 911 first.
- Safety incidents — MyRIDI takes safety very seriously. If a passenger is making you feel unsafe or uncomfortable, you have to ask the passenger or driver to cancel the ride (or cancel it yourself). While you can of course make note of a passenger that made you feel unsafe in the rating you leave them, you can also contact MyRIDI support via phone for further help. Always call 911 if a passenger threatens to harm you, attempts to harm you, or has harmed you.
- Citations — If you you are a driver and receive a citation related to picking up a passenger, contact MyRIDI support via phone for help resolving it. However, do note that MyRIDI’s official policy is that they will not be able to assist with citations or tickets that you incur “due to violating standard traffic laws.” For example, running a red light because a passenger in a hurry is never acceptable, even if you do it in pursuit of providing customer service.
Also, MyRIDI has a built-in 911 button on your app for both riders and drivers. When you tap it, the app will show your location and vehicle information so you can quickly share details with emergency dispatchers.
For all other situations, you’ll need to contact MyRIDI using their Help form. You’ll receive a response via the email that you have on file with the company. And, to reiterate, always call 911 in an emergency. Even if it’s a situation that also necessitates calling MyRIDI support, contacting emergency personnel should always take precedence in a true emergency situation.
How to Call MyRIDI
Let’s get this out of the way now: There is no direct phone number for MyRIDI. That is, you can’t call MyRIDI using your phone. They can call you, however, provided you give them your number. If you’re experiencing one of the three scenarios we discussed in the previous section, then your first step should be to visit this page: Report an accident, safety incident, or citation.