Becoming a MyRIDI driver is a chance to earn a solid income while working flexible hours and being your own boss. However, you can’t drive with MyRIDI unless you have the right vehicle.
The MyRIDI vehicle requirements are not complicated — primarily, the company wants you to have a vehicle that is safe and reliable. But beyond these basic requirements, there are also individual state requirements (and sometimes city requirements) that your vehicle must meet.
All of this vehicle information can be overwhelming, and much of it is buried within MyRIDI’s website. To make it easier to find, we created this guide to MyRIDI vehicle requirements.
Our guide will cover the general requirements you’ll need to meet with your MyRIDI vehicle, as well as specific driver and document requirements for each state. We’ll also take a look at the extra requirements that must be met to drive for premium MyRIDI services such as MyRIDI Premier and MyRIDI Lux.
Will you meet the MyRIDI requirements? Find out by submitting an application. Applying is free, and only takes a few minutes to complete.
General MyRIDI Driver Requirements
Before you check if your vehicle meets MyRIDI’s requirements, you should ensure that you meet all of MyRIDI’s requirements for becoming a driver. Here’s an overview of the requirements to be a drive with MyRIDI:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Pass a criminal background check. You must have none of the following:
- Violent crime
- Sexual offense
- Disqualifying felony
- Disqualifying drug-related offense
- Disqualifying theft or property damage offense
- Pass a DMV check. You’ll be disqualified if the driving record check reveals any of the following:
- More than three moving violations in the past three years (like accidents or traffic light violations)
- A major moving violation in the past three years (like driving on a suspended license or reckless driving)
- A DUI or other drug-related driving violation in the last seven years
- Driving-related convictions in the last seven years (like hit-and-run or felonies involving a vehicle)
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Valid plates with current registration (commercial plates are also acceptable)
- Current valid insurance with your name on the policy (we also recommend you get rideshare insurance, though MyRIDI doesn’t require it)
For more detailed information, check out our guide to MyRIDI driver requirements.
General MyRIDI Car Requirements
If you meet all the driver requirements, then you can proceed to the car requirements and continue the MyRIDI application process. Each state has their own specific requirements, but there are also some general requirements that all MyRIDI vehicles need to meet. You won’t be able to use your vehicle for MyRIDI if it isn’t in good condition.
The vehicle shouldn’t have any body damage, and safety features such as the horn, seatbelts, turn signals and brake lights should all be in good working order. These are requirements for generally safe vehicle operation, so you should be meeting them regardless of whether or not you drive with MyRIDI. Still, it’s worth knowing about them before you apply, just in case you need to schedule vehicle maintenance.